One of the things that I am asked the most in my day to day is about the SEO tools that I use to develop all the positioning strategies. And it is that, in online marketing, having good tools is always a great support.
Today the market is full of apps and websites aimed at optimizing SEO, but not all of them are equally effective. In addition, each one must choose the ones that best suit their needs, since not all projects are the same. That is why today I am going to tell you which are the best ones for me, but I invite you to investigate and discover the best ones for you.
Do you need SEO tools for your positioning?
Tools of all kinds have always been a revolution for human beings. They are synonymous with less heavy work and being able to streamline processes.
Within the positioning strategies it could not be less and, in addition, in this case it is synonymous with efficiency. Keep in mind that SEO is developed following the rules of a machine, Google. So it is very difficult for a person without any tools to keep up with that pace and maintain a strategy that is always up-to-date, optimized and 100% correct.
Thanks to a good selection of seo tools you will be able to notice benefits such as:
- Speed at work : They help you optimize processes and therefore you will be able to take much less time to do your SEO tasks.
- Process automation : The tools can perform some tasks for you, with little intervention from you (in some phases of the process). This gives you the facility to make the most of your time.
- Constant updating : Thanks to the tools you will be able to carry out audits of your entire site and keep them updated with the parameters that Google is changing.
- Depth of strategies : Automating certain tasks allows you to reach much deeper levels within a website. Manual work is always more tedious and slow, and therefore it costs more to reach each new level of the strategy.
Essential SEO tools for your business
Let’s see what tools I use on a regular basis and what each of them is for. Take good note of its features, they will be very useful to you!
ScreamingFrog tool is desktop, compatible with Windows, iOS and Linux. It has a free version, very limited, and a premium version with an annual fee that offers all its features in full.
It is essential for me because it allows to carry out crawlers or web crawls with which to verify the state of SEO on-page in which a site is located. With each of these crawls you can analyze information such as meta tags, images, h1 and h2, redirects, WPO elements and canonicals, hreflang tags… It is a very complete analysis that includes almost all the internal elements of a website.
A tool that I use as a complement to the previous one is Netpeak Spider . It is also used to make crawlers, but these are less deep and wide than the ones we can do with ScreamingFrog. However, it offers some different insights, so I consider them complementary.
Keep in mind that your payment plan is monthly and without any type of permanence. This makes it easier for you to acquire the tool only at the specific moments in which you need it. It is also desktop and is available for iOS and Windows.
This is one of the most popular SEO tools because of how complete it is. In addition, SEMrush is quite intuitive to use, which is why many users at all levels use it.
It is an all-in-one platform where you can find a wide variety of suitable applications to improve your SEO positioning. His strong point is market analysis and research on Google, through paid traffic and organic traffic. But this is not the only thing it does, it also allows you to study keywords (although with less depth than the Ads Keyword Planner that we will see later), carry out superficial audits, analyze external links, measure the organic and paid visibility of your site and perform site audits.
Sistrix Sistrix is very similar to SEMrush and choosing between one or the other has almost more to do with the differences in their payment plans than with the features themselves, which are practically the same.
Google Keyword Planner
This tool is within Google Ads with the particularity of needing to have active advertising campaigns to be able to see the complete reports.
Keyword Planner is very powerful and has the advantage of providing information from Google’s own database and in real time. Therefore, the keyword research carried out here will always be much more effective than those of the tools that use their own databases.
It is another quite popular tool because the options it offers are very powerful. Ahrefs is ideal for researching external links on a website. It offers you data such as page and domain authority, the anchor text used in the links, the themes of the sites, the domain references, etc.
Without a doubt, this tool is absolutely essential in all link building strategies.
Other SEO tools you should know
Throughout my experience as an SEO positioning professional I have tried many tools and, although the ones I use most frequently are the ones I have mentioned here, there are many others that offer very good features and that I think you should know about.
Some give me information for specific cases and I use them occasionally. Others are versions similar to the ones I have already named and that may suit what you are looking for:
- MajesticSEO : Its potential is focused on the study of backlinks to your website, although it offers many other things.
- MOZ : Although its most popular tool is MOZbar, it also has others such as Link Explorer or MOZscape API.
- Search Console : If you have been working on the positioning of your site for some time, you will know this tool as Google’s Webmasters Tools.
- Google Analytics : One of the quintessential SEO tools to analyze the web traffic of your site.
- Traffic Travis : It is an SEO checker that gives you a quick audit of your site, offering information on all those basic aspects that must be correct.
- GTMetrix : The strong point of this application is the speed or WPO.
- URLprofiler : A multitasking tool that allows you to do audits, optimize content from an SEO point of view and manage suitable social media campaigns to share that content.
- KeywordTools : It is a free alternative to Google Keyword Planner, although it works with its own database and not Google’s.
I encourage you to try different options before deciding which crown jewels are for you. Only then will you be able to know which ones you feel most comfortable with and you can solve your current needs in SEO positioning.